Birthday party themes are so much fun to plan.
Having 4 boys, it was always about the action figures and sports. Today, themes are universal. A zoo theme, who doesn't like going to the zoo!
My head sings "Lions, tigers and bears...." I see room decor with elephants, and toy animals. So, here is an easy DIY Zoo with some ideas that you can carry out for any theme.
1. Place mat = gift bag. There are so many gift bags to choose from. The paper on the bag is sturdy and works well for unexpected spills. To get a perfect size/shape, cut on the fold. You get 2 mats per bag. Home Goods and TJ Maxx have a great selection of gift bags.
2. Place card = tag on the bag. BTW: You can also tie a favor to the bag's handle.
3. Favor container = mini plastic storage jars. Favors can be candy, animal crackers, raisins, popcorn or marshmellows. Pinterest is a good idea source for favors.
4. Flatware = wooden ice cream spoons.
5. Table covering = brown paper. The kids can color on it.
6. Crayons on the table are always there to keep a little one's attention. I continually use hand crafted color pencils.
7. Centerpiece = pretzel rods or some edible. Marshmellows on sticks, cake pops or veggies. All you need is a container to hold them. I found a papermache candle holder. To continue with the them, I scattered toy animals on the table.
8. POP = Garlands, pompons and spirals. I love garlands and always look for a way to use them. Here I use them as a skirt for the table. Pompoms and spirils can hang from trees and fences. I clustered indoor plans to give the feeling of outside.
Happy Birthday !