[ Carve a Pumpkin for Soup ]
Carve a pumpkin, fill it with soup, serve, eat, and then carve your jack-o-latern!
It's so easy that the family can help.
[ Cream of Ratatouille Soup ]
1. Select a medium to large pumpkin.
2. Carve it out, and save the seeds for roasting. Use the top with the stem for a cover/lid. Scrape out the stringy flesh.
3. Right before you are ready to serve, in a separate pot, boil enough water to fill the pumpkin. When the water has boiled, pour it into the pumpkin. This seals and warms the inside of the pumpkin and prepares it for your soup. Let it sit for about 5 -10 minutes.
4. Empty the water and fill the pumpkin with the soup.
5. Garnish the pumpkin with toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh oregano or basil.
6. To serve leftovers, remove remaining soup, and rinse the pumpkin. Refrigerate the pumpkin for the next day.
Or, let the children complet the carving!